Folks at Android Authority; announced the win – their team filtered the devices through many verticals from value, budget, the top-tier from the mid-range, the overall best. First came a suite of objective tests, with seasoned, subjective analysis out of the results.
Then from a balanced view of specs vs price tags, features, performance, and quality.
The team split a tight vote down to five clear winners, ranked five-to-one. Two Google phones in the top three, while Sony sneaks in for the first time in years.
Here’s four of the final five:
- Fifth place: Sony Xperia 5 II
- Fourth place: Oppo Find X2 Pro
- Third place: Google Pixel 4a
- Second place: Google Pixel 4a 5G
The winner as the title of this post suggests: the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.
- The Galaxy S20 FE doesn’t necessarily win in any one area, but it smashed expectations across all of them.
- It’s a good old-fashioned flagship killer: no heavy compromises, The 2000 AED price tag. No, that’s not a veritable bargain, but that’s the market now, and it’s both dramatically cheaper than the Galaxy S20 and the Note, and alongside OnePlus pricing.
- The triple camera is punchy and versatile. The “glasstic” build is durable, too.
- Quotes: “The Galaxy S20 FE is blazing fast, too. The Snapdragon 765G may have risen to prominence in 2020, but the Snapdragon 865 is still where it’s at if you want true top-tier performance. Samsung’s display pedigree is on show with its impeccable 120Hz panel … topped off with competitive battery life, wireless and reverse wireless charging, 5G mmWave support, UFS 3.0 storage, a microSD slot, an IP68 rating, and Samsung’s One UI skin that continues to mature over time.”
- “The few trade-offs that the Galaxy S20 FE makes are exquisitely balanced against its approachable retail price. While it doesn’t truly excel beyond the elite devices of 2020 in any one area, it meets and surpasses expectations in all of them.”
- “In a year where many phones seemed laser-targeted on a specific audience — be it frugal buyers, early adopters, or power users — the Galaxy S20 FE was the phone for everyone.”